About the Sedona Chamber Ballet
The Sedona Chamber Ballet is committed to continue presenting world-renowned dance artists in Northern Arizona primarily with an emphasis on audience education, in general and particularly on the cultural education of our local children. It is also the goal of the Sedona Chamber Ballet to make Northern Arizona the future home of a professional Summer retreat for education, exploration, collaboration and production in the field of the performing dance arts. Similar to performing arts residencies, such as the Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival, the Vail International Dance and the Aspen Music and Summer Dance Festivals, Sedona Chamber Ballet envisions a Sedona Summer Dance, Choreography and Music Retreat and Festival to be equally achievable as Sedona is widely recognized for its awesome, magical, natural splendor and has a well-established tourist-based infrastructure for which the Summer months represent the slow season.
Our mission is:
- To present world-class dance artistry onstage. We aim to make all forms of dance relevant, accessible, and inviting to the widest possible audience while maintaining financial stability.
- To offer artistic immersion in the most significant cultural achievements in the dance performing arts to all members of the local, national and international dance community in the form of classroom offerings and participation in world-class live performances.
- To support dance creation, presentation and education.
- To engage and deepen public appreciation and support for dance.
- To enrich Sedona and Northern Arizona’s cultural life.